The first reference of this castle is from 1300 in connexion with Petr from Brezovice who use to be its holder. The castle had been build in 1252. Later on the castle become a royal possession. It is located quite far away from some important business route, that´s why it had changed often holders and serve as a „spare“ castle. The big extension started after the Revayovs become holders in the second part og 16th century. The castle have been uninhabitable since 1790.